Ref: PCsoft 25
On behalf of an exciting technology company, CY Partners are looking for an enthusiastic Software Engineer with an engineering background to become an integral part of an excellent Research and Development team. The role will involve design, implement and support of software for use within the global oil and gas industry.
The company is a world leading industrial technology company providing unique and specialised detection, diagnostic and measurement solutions. Their goal is to drive technical innovation to bring significant benefits to customers within the petroleum industry and in the security tagging niches they serve.
With headquarters in Teesside, North East England, the company employs around 300 people globally, however they are also part of an FTSE 100 company with an annual turnover of £4 billion, and have won many awards for innovation.
As an enthusiastic software engineer your essential responsibilities will be:
• To design, develop, test and support software using the latest Microsoft .NET technology (C#, WPF, WCF).
• To write and test code to control industrial instrumentation using a variety of communication protocols.
• To design and implement creative graphical user interfaces using WPF.
• Provide support to the R&D team including code reviews and the authoring of technical documentation.
• Ensure the design and development of products that satisfy customers’ technical requirements.
• Degree or equivalent in Software Engineering or Computer Science (or related)
• Demonstrable experience in C#, WPF and WCF applications.
• Experience developing graphical user interfaces using WPF.
• Full software lifecycle knowledge essential.
• Knowledge of serial interfaces and industrial communication protocols (e.g., USB, RS485/RS232, Modbus, TCP/IP) desirable.
• Knowledge of USB devices and driver interfaces is a plus.
• Understanding of multi-threaded applications and unit testing beneficial.
• Embedded software knowledge and design principles advantageous.
• Hardware knowledge and design principles advantageous.
• Analytic and problem solving skills.
• Ability to work in a global, fast moving team.
• Enthusiasm for leading-edge software technology.
• Interpersonal skills to communicate and develop working relationships with colleagues, customers, suppliers and approval bodies.
You must have an interest in leading-edge software technology and be able to demonstrate strong coding skills. The position would be ideally suited to an individual with technical software development experience or computer science graduate of outstanding calibre.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners LLP, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.