Sorry, This Job has expired
Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Duration: 9 Months
Bioprocess Scientist (Maternity Cover)
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced Bioprocessing Scientist to join a leading life science company at their site in Newcastle, initially to cover maternity up to September 2018. This could be a great chance for someone with some industrial laboratory experience looking to get into a cutting edge Biotechnology company. There will be great opportunities for growth and development for the right candidate.
This Bioprocess scientist will be focused on:
• Delivering dispensed product to the customer correctly and on time
• Supporting all tissue culture related manufacturing (including manufacture of raw materials)
• Dispensing finished products in line with customer needs
• Ensure that environmental monitoring is carried out and acceptable levels are maintained according to protocol
• Actively participate in the investigation and reporting of non-conformances and report any errors.
• Participate as required with calibration and validation of equipment or processes within the department
• Highlight any items that have not progressed at the expected rate
• Take a vested and sustained interest in skill augmentation to promote self and department development
Applicants will ideally be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Biology or related life science discipline, as the role will involve basic laboratory work such as diluent and media preparation and dilution calculations. There will be use of some specialised equipment such as pH meters and pipettes. You will receive full training in 5S, SW and kaizen basics. Ideally you will be passionate about utilising critical thinking and applying this training.
If this sounds like the ideal role for you, apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on and ask for or alternatively fill in the contact form below: