Sorry, This Job has expired
Continuous Improvement (CI) Manager
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced CI Manager to join a global chemicals company at their site in West Yorkshire on a permanent basis.
This role is a key position within a newly created structure responsible for the delivery of process innovation and continuous improvement initiatives across the production unit. It will play an important role in helping to foster a culture of sustainable change through the creation and embedding of LEAN methodology, and the supporting framework, to deliver business transformation.
You will be accountable for the safe and efficient use of the production assets across the site. Responsible for all aspects of production achieving and exceeding required rates and yields, on time and in full at the required quality. This includes the generation of standard operating procedures, work instructions, risk assessments, continuous improvement and cost control.
This role is also accountable for the generation of performance KPI’s such as downtime, plant occupancy, rates of manufacture, opportunities for improvement, reviewing and reporting on performance of plant Vs targets set by Planning in relation to meeting customer requirements.
Main responsibilities will include:
• Provide continuous improvement leadership, direction and support.
• Developing and executing the implementation plan for the Lean strategy.
• Leading the strategic planning activity around continuous improvement.
• Identify and implement change and improvement initiatives aligned with business strategy/ goals.
• Appropriate implementation of Lean and Good Manufacturing Practice techniques such as 5S, problem solving, root cause analysis, 5 Why’s, quality circles etc. to reduce non value added activities.
• Improve the value added to non-value added percentage reducing lead time and costs.
• Support the Operational team in delivering 'World Class Manufacturing' levels of performance.
• Track & report results of CI / lean activities to ensure that gains are achieved and sustained.
• Ensure that continuous improvement capability is built into all operational areas, including efficiencies through improved OEE, yield, costs, downtime and waste reduction.
• Delivering in house training.
• Based on projects and organisational priorities, assists with the identification of both “hard” and “soft” training needs, identifies the proper source to deliver the training, and tracks training results; conducts training on process improvement tools and develops others to become trainers.
• Ensure internal and external resources are in place to execute improvement projects.
• Develop culture and create environment for continuous improvement through empowerment and mutual challenging of performance.
• Implements and analyses’ KPI's ensuring targets are met.
Ideally the successful candidate will possess strong leadership, networking, coaching and communication skills particularly across all levels of a manufacturing/chemical processing environment. Some essential experience includes:
• Demonstrable knowledge in implementing and effectively facilitating CI tools and techniques e.g. VSM, SMED, TPM, Kaizen, 5S, Error proofing etc.
• Energetic in driving an effective Continuous Improvement Culture.
• Ability to develop and motivate teams.
• Ability to achieve business objectives.
• Able to focus on maintaining high quality standards.
• 6 Sigma Green Belt qualified.
• Good project management skills using Microsoft office suite.
• Ability to work under pressure.
• Demonstrable influencing skills.
• Excellent communication skills at all levels.
• Able to travel both nationally and internationally to other parts of organisation to share best practice and drive alignment.
If this sounds like you, apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on and ask for or alternatively fill in the contact form below: