An exciting opportunity has come up for a Development Chemist to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site in Northumberland on a permanent basis. This is a great time to join a growing company working on a number of different projects. As Development Chemist, you will identify and evaluate synthetic routes to target molecules, taking early stage development work and applying it to larger scale commercial processes.
Your role will include the following:
• Design synthetic routes for new products or transformations.
• Carry out laboratory investigations to design processes, solve processing problems and make improvements to processes.
• Provide technical information in support of process changes.
• Carry out evaluations of alternative raw material sources.
• Carry out synthesis of compounds required as analytical reference standards.
• Carry out process scale up studies.
• Provide information on processes and properties of materials to allow effective process engineering design.
• Maintain high standards of safety and housekeeping in the laboratory areas.
Candidates will ideally be educated to PhD level (or equivalent) in organic or synthetic chemistry, or a related discipline with considerable experience in organic synthesis. Experience of working in a GMP or regulated environment would certainly be an advantage, but isn’t a requirement.
Overall this is a great opportunity to join an established company, in a permanent development chemist role. Apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Tom Kirkpatrick or alternatively fill in the contact form below: