Drug Development Project Manager
Benefits: Excellent and comprehensive benefits
Global Drug Development Project Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for experienced Project Manager to join a global, innovation driven biopharmaceutical business. The company are investing heavily in their scientific and clinical capabilities to discover, develop, manufacture, and market small molecules and biologics for important areas of healthcare, which includes serious illnesses: oncology, cardiovascular, infection, autoimmune, respiratory, and inflammation.
This position plays a highly visible, critical role in successfully delivering innovative medicines through the drug development process to patients.
As Global Project Manager you will ensure alignment of the project strategy and operational delivery, and provide exposure across a wide variety of cross functional teams to achieve key development, regulatory and commercial milestones. You will be a champion for best-practices and drive project management efficiency through leadership and influence of global team members and staff.
This role is a great career opportunity for drug development project managers who are highly motivated to succeed. If you’re a passionate communicator adept at motivating matrixed team members, and can bring an entrepreneurial spirit of ‘get it done better’, this is a great chance be a part of bringing innovative medicines to patients.
Main Ronspibilities include:
• Provide program management leadership by active input into the project strategy & vision, ensuring alignment of the project strategy with operational delivery,
• Lead elements of the drug project strategy or cross-project and portfolio strategies, or other initiatives, where project leadership of complex sub-projects is needed.
• Coach project teams towards successful issue resolution and decision making, and focus the team on the right activities at the right time. Identify development opportunities for team members.
• Serve as a core member and drive efficient operation of the Global Project Team (GPT) including overall plans, priorities and risk management.
• Contribute to / lead specific aspects of preparing for governance interactions.
• Drive new investment activities by actively navigating teams through governance and key company processes that allows efficient (timely and informed) decision making for senior leaders.
• Lead by example in learning, innovation, cross-functional collaboration and conflict resolution; seek opportunities to change paradigm and removes barriers within and outside the team.
• Champion company best practices and adaption of new project management practices.
Overall the successful candidate will have strong leadership skills coupled with a strategic mind-set and a sharp focus on delivery to succeed in this role.
• Bachelor’s degree in a scientific or technical subject (or equivalent)
• Cross-functional drug development experience
• Experienced project manager with successful track record of delivering all aspects of projects within agreed time, quality and cost.
• Ability to motivate, lead and inspire high performing teams
• Strong people leadership and ability to function collaboratively in a matrix environment with good influencing, networking and upward management skills (i.e. stakeholder management.)
• Excellent working knowledge of project management tools and processes.
• Ability to effectively engage with senior stakeholders
• Advanced degree in a scientific discipline and / or MBA
• In-depth knowledge of drug development process, particularly late stage clinical development
• Project Management (PMP) Certification
• Drug development experience within any of the following therapeutic areas: Oncology / Immuno-oncology / Respiratory / cardio-vascular / metabolic disease / infection, neuroscience and autoimmune disease.
If you want to work for an organization who are proud to have a unique workplace culture that inspires innovation and collaboration, and where employees are empowered to express diverse perspectives and are made to feel energized, valued and rewarded for their ideas and creativity, then apply now. Feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Tom Kirkpatrick or alternatively fill in the contact form below: