Group Leader (Protein Purification)
We have a brilliant new opportunity for a highly experienced Group Leader at a leading medical diagnostic company based in Birmingham. The role will involve taking leadership of the raw material development team on all protein purification activities.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce first pilot lots of antisera and processing scale-up, working closely with manufacturing
- Minimize all variabilities and ensure consistency of crude calibrator and control materials
- Ensure all raw materials are processed from research through to production (technology transfer)
- Develop raw material manufacture specifications, including working with the assay development group for functional QC methods of the antibody, whilst developing non-functional methods
- Provide leadership and technical expertise, as well as managing a medium-sized team
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree-qualified (or equivalent) in a Biochemistry, Immunology or a related scientific discipline; Masters/PhD would be an advantage
- Proven laboratory experience in a commercial IVD / Biotechnology / Pharma environment
- Experience working with Protein Purification (specifically Antisera purification and characterization)
- Robust management, leadership and supervisory experience, with good track record of project delivery
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with ability to work to tight deadlines
If you are interested, please feel free to send in your CV or call Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Harriet Mak or alternatively fill in the contact form below: