An exciting new opportunity has become available for a Lab/Research Scientist at a leading Chemical company based in Oxfordshire. This role is a hands-on laboratory-based position that will work with Lithium-S Cell Technology, involved in materials research, process development and scale-up of successful solutions.
Key responsibilities and duties:
- Contribute to and support materials research and process development
- Complete laboratory-based research on new Li-S cell materials
- Perform a range of electrochemical testing techniques to help increase cell energy density
- Report progress and findings to the technical lead
- Liaise with the R&D teams to help with materials improvements
- Undertake tests and provide results to help parameterise control systems for the cells
- Write full technical reports and present research findings
Ideal skills and qualifications:
- Degree-qualified, or equivalent, in Chemistry, Electrochemistry or Materials Science
- PhD would be an advantage
- Experience with electrochemical testing techniques including AC Impedance, Cyclic Voltammetry and Cell Cycling
- Previous experience with technical reports and publictaions
- Experience with Lithium batteries or electrochemical devices would be an advantage
You will be working for a an innovative and flexible organisation with state-of-the-art facilities. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you’re interested please feel free to send in your CV or call Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Harriet Mak or alternatively fill in the contact form below: