Microbiology Team Lead
Duration: 12 Months
Microbiology Team Lead
An excellent opportunity has arisen for an experienced microbiologist to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site in Harlow on an initial 12 month contract. This is a great opportunity to join a global leader in a challenging and varied role, working closely with different sites across Europe and the US. Overall the scope of the role will be:
1. To manage the MAS Microbiology UK team personnel and laboratory.
2. To ensure the development of robust, reliable and high-quality drug products and the associated manufacturing processes through provision of appropriate microbiological analytical methods and facility support.
3. Ensure all work performed within MAS Microbiology UK is carried out in accordance with applicable standards.
4. To ensure provision of microbiological monitoring, reporting and trending of data for pilot plant support requirements for water, gas and environments.
5. To ensure appropriate training of self, team and PDS staff.
• Ensure provision of microbiological support for identified projects in development within PD and to manage project-specific interfaces both within PD and with relevant external parties.
• Ensure appropriate provision of microbiological control of GMP facilities used in the manufacture of clinical trials supplies through microbiological monitoring of pilot plant water systems and environment with appropriate application of key microbiological guidance, procedures and policies.
• Provide microbiological strategic input for novel compounds and processes.
• Provide perspective on the current regulatory environment for product development, analytical testing and clinical trials.
• Ensure successful transfer of microbiological aspects of new drug project submissions including methods and process applications to commercial sites of manufacture.
Ideally the sucesful candidate will have the following experience:
• Demonstrate effective team leadership and team management skills
• Highly experienced in Pharmaceutical Microbiology and related Pharmaceutical activities
• Good knowledge of microbiological standards (industry and regulatory) and laboratory practices
• Good knowledge of safe and effective operation of a microbiology laboratory
• Excellent understanding of the product development process and associated microbiological aspects
• Effective communication to team, peers, management and customers. Presents effectively to internal R&D forums.
• Is able to guide daily activities of others and trains others in area of technical expertise
• Very good written and verbal communication skills
Apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Tom Kirkpatrick or alternatively fill in the contact form below: