Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Duration: 6 Months Initially
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Operations Supervisor to join a global life science company at their site in Newcastle, initially on a temporary basis. This is a unique role combining a scientific skill set with production management experience in a busy production environment. Initially the role is offered on a 6 month temporary basis, but there will be room for growth and the potential for a long term position.
You will develop improvements in processes and personnel in line with business needs and cooperate closely with other departments to facilitate excellent customer service. Overall the responsibilities will include:
• Supervision of staff to ensure that they adhere to the required standard for manufacturing products.
• Drive and manage a sustained culture of achievement of high quality standards with a continued focus on GMP and right first time to ensure manufactured product is defect free and market ready.
• Ensure the quality, integrity and status of all documentation is to an exceptional standard and that Quality System Policies and Procedures are effectively implemented and adhered to in line with set regulatory requirements.
• Lead the management of associate development and training of Operations Associates in line with the Grading Structure to support progression through hands on coaching, mentoring, support and guidance.
• Ensure that competency levels and resource requirements are constantly revised in line with Operations planning requirements.
Ideally you will have experience in the following areas:
• Experience of working with tissue culture in an industrial setting
• Experience of working in a strong continuous improvement environment ideally as Improvement leader with good proven knowledge of Lean principles and tools.
• A proven ability to make the tough call and drive decisions to support business needs.
• Demonstrated experience of working to a high level within the constraints of a regulated industry.
• Ability to work both as part of a team and as an individual for extended periods of time
• Experience of working in the biotechnology section with prior knowledge of medical device manufacture would be advantageous
• Demonstrated supervisory skills and the ability to lead others
• An awareness of ISO 9001:13485 or cGMP processes.
Overall this would suit someone from a scientific background, or with experience in a technical or high value production environment. Apply with your CV now, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Tom Kirkpatrick or alternatively fill in the contact form below: