Location: Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary: Competitive salary
Duration: 3 months initially
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a QC technician to join a leading life science organisation in Newcastle. Initially on a 3 month contract, this role would suit someone looking for their first role in industry. The QC technician will perform a variety of Assays, Tests and Inspections required for Quality Control. The main scope of the role is to maintain detailed documentation and ensure all documentation fulfils defined quality standards.
General laboratory responsibilities
• Proficient in performing all routine and relevant QC laboratory techniques such as; Microtomy, Cryotomy, and Immunohistochemistry.
• Proficient in using laboratory equipment, e.g. pH meters, balances, micropipettes, etc.
• Prepare reagents and material, ordering consumables and perform other housekeeping tasks in alignment with operational day to day schedule.
• Working in alignment with Good Manufacturing Practices and in accordance with the Human Tissue Authority Policy at all times.
• Quality Control Administration.
• Process Non-Conformance Investigations/CAPA/Quality Document Changes.
• Perform duties as an Incoming Quality Control Inspector when required.
• Assist in the Acquisition and Assessment of Incoming Tissue when required.
• Assist QC Improvement implementation.
• 5S & Daily Management.
• Support Batch Sample Inventory.
• Perform other housekeeping tasks in alignment with operational day to day schedule.
Ideally candidates will have experience in the following areas:
• Work experience in a Quality Control or Quality Assurance environment.
• Experience of working to a recognised Quality Management System (e.g. ISO9001 & ISO13485) and following quality procedures including Good Document Practise.
• Histology or immunohistochemistry experience including section cutting.
• Experience with lab equipment e.g. pH meters, balances, micropipettes
The successful candidate will have at least 5 GCSE’s, including Science, an A-Level or BSc (or equivalent) qualification in a life science discipline is definitely advantageous. Ideally candidates will be available for an immediate start.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 01914774733 and ask for Ammad Mirza or alternatively fill in the contact form below: