Research Scientist - PhD Molecular Biology
Location: Newcastle Upon Tyne
This in a fantastic opportunity to become a Research Scientist for a cutting edge in vitro diagnostics company, who are working on developing low cost, simple to use portable point of care devices.
- A PhD (or significant experience) in molecular and/or microbiology.
- Previous experience of molecular diagnostics.
- Previous experience of working in a molecular or microbiology lab.
- Knowledge of safe laboratory practice and containment.
- Ability to work with of scientists to accomplish research project objectives and goals.
Desirable Additional Requirements:
- Previous experience with programming (primarily R script).
- Experience handling biological samples such as DNA, blood, saliva, swabs
- Industrial experience.
- Previous experience of infectious disease diagnostics
- Previous experience of assay validation
- Microfluidics experience.
- Experience of bio sensing, biosensors or electronics
- Knowledge of statistics.
- GLP or ISO standard experience
If you are interested please apply online or call Anna Hastie on 0191 477 4733.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Anna Hastie or alternatively fill in the contact form below: