Team Leader (Immunoassays)
Exciting new opportunity for a Team Leader at a medical diagnostic company based in Birmingham. The role is based in Development and involves managing a team of staff in the design of new immunoassays and the improvement of existing assays. The ideal candidate will have proven supervisory experience with a good understanding of IVD products.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Line manage a team of staff, provide assessment for staff performance in relation to company expectations, and be first point of contact for any employee issues
- Provide clinical and scientific leadership
- Co-ordinate workload and set objectives for direct reports, ensuring that all department operational objectives are met and delivered on time
- Ensure correct quality monitoring, and deal with complaints, QA issues and audit non-conformances efficiently and promptly
- Develop and implement relevant policies, operating procedures and protocols
- Contribute to the process of defining the performance and specification of new products
- Critically assess raw materials, generate specifications including QC limits
- Carry out new product feasibility studies and initial validation
- Evaluate activities within the department, suggest improvement initiatives
- Assess new materials and equipment where necessary, provide feedback for suitability
- Comply with Health and Safety policies and ensure compliance to COSHH regulations
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- Degree in Biological Sciences or Chemistry, or a related discipline (Grade 2:1 or above); or 2 years’ equivalent relevant experience
- MSc in Biological Sciences or Clinical Chemistry experience an advantage
- Experience of IVD products and an understanding of automated analysers is essential
- Proven supervisory and training experience
- Project management skills (including MS Project)
- Strong understanding of immunology and statistical tests
- Excellent organisational, communication, analytical and leadership skills
You will be working for a leading specialist organisation and receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you’re interested please feel free to send in your CV or call Harriet at CY Partners.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Harriet Mak or alternatively fill in the contact form below: