Technical Sales Engineer
Location: Tyne and Wear
Technical Sales Engineer
A great opportunity has arisen for an experienced sales engineer to join a leading optics organisation based in the North East. The company produces bespoke precision Infrared Optical Filters and Optics which are manufactured on glass like substrates and coated with various materials using high vacuum coating machines.
Their products are used in a number of diverse applications including gas analysis, environmental monitoring, breathalysers, Infrared cameras and sensing instruments.
The main scope of this role is to prepare technical drawings and quotations, and will include the following:
• Gain a clear understanding of existing products and their capabilities.
• Gain a clear understanding of the Clients requirements & Specify materials required.
• Identify how both the product and support services can be delivered
• Prepare quotations and proposals for clients within a targeted time frames
• Preparation of proposals and tenders, where existing products could be offered as standard or with minor modification in order to be compliant and ensure these are profitably priced.
• Preparation of drawings for Infrared Filters, coatings & electro optics.
You will be expected to build long-term relationships with clients. This will involve:
• Active support of contract variations.
• Implement annual pricing structure for customer repeat orders.
• Provide pre/post sales technical support to customers.
• Regularly report on customer and business activity.
• Maintain sales activities in the CRM database.
• Management of Clients to deliver sales targets and ultimately grow the business.
Overall this is a key role in an innovative and growing organisation. The successful applicant will have a physics qualification at degree level (or equivalent) and above. Experience of thin film coatings or optical coatings is an absolute must. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now with your CV, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick for more information.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Tom Kirkpatrick or alternatively fill in the contact form below: