Ref: JR - TOXs
I currently have an exciting opportunity for a Mammalian Toxicologist to join an established environmental consultancy, based in Wiltshire. The successful candidate will get the opportunity to speak with such clients and build relationships, if they wish, on a number of frameworks with European agencies such as ECHA, which opens up many opportunities of integrating and working with external toxicologists. One of our most exciting projects is the provision of toxicology and epidemiology reports to Public Health England to support the Expert Committees on Toxicity, Carcinogenicity and Mutagenicity. This enables us to be at the forefront of toxicological concepts, whilst interacting with expert toxicologists in the UK.
More specifically, the post would include the following responsibilities:
• Undertaking chemical hazard and risk assessments for industry, water companies and UK and international regulators
• Participating in registration strategies including data gap analysis, read across justifications, waiving, QSAR modelling, study monitoring and preparing dossiers and robust study summaries in support of industrial applications to REACH and other regulations
• Assessing toxicological hazard profiles to derive hazard classifications
• Carrying out systematic literature reviews, reviewing and summarising data on various toxicological topics for the Expert Committee on Toxicity, Carcinogenicity and Mutagenicity
• Providing 24-hour support to our key clients as part of the toxicology advisory service
• Aiding in the preparation of appropriate proposal documents for new projects and carrying out business development where required
• There is also an opportunity to get involved in project management if desired
The role involves extensive interaction with fellow human health experts, eco-toxicologists, and chemists as well as working alongside other environmental and engineering disciplines.
Candidates should have:
• A degree in a toxicological, biological, chemical or health science discipline
• Post-graduate specialisation in toxicology, for example, through an MSc qualification
• Experience in mammalian toxicology study data, and data required for different regulatory regimes, hazard and risk assessments
• Experience in risk assessment, hazard assessment or related topics
• Strong motivation with excellent written and verbal communicational skills and ability to work in a team
Overall, candidates will have a positive attitude and be highly motivated with the ability to work both independently and as a member of a multifunctional team. Further professional career development is encouraged.
The recruiter has stated that all applicants for this job should be able to prove that they are legally entitled to work in the UK. CY Partners Recruitment Ltd, trading as CY Partners is an Employment Business/Agency.
Apply for this job
Already Registered? Login here
If you are interested in this job position please feel free to call us on 0191 477 4733 and ask for Jack Rowan or alternatively fill in the contact form below: