Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location South East England
We have an exciting opportunity for a Global Medical Director to join the COPD Respiratory Team. The Global Medical Director, COPD is a pivotal role, enabling a talented physician with a track record of success to work with the VP/Medical Affairs Lead and Global Medical Affairs Leads for contribute to global medical affairs, evidence generation and launch optimization strategies across major markets including China and Japan.
• Contribute to the Global Medical Affairs Plan and Integrated Evidence Plan for the relevant asset under the direction of the Global Medical Affairs Leads.
• Play a role in development plan optimization.
• Lead/contribute to designated elements of Medical Affairs Plans
• Partner with commercial colleagues to develop brand campaigns and support launches.
• Develop and approve promotional, non-promotional and training materials.
• Deliver the evidence needs of that asset in partnership with Franchise/ R&D colleagues, including:
-Supporting the efficient working of the Integrated Evidence Team;
-Reviewing local Study (ISS) proposals to assess their scientific merit and strategic need;
• Drive excellence in Scientific Engagement with key stakeholders to gain a deep understanding of customer needs.
• Leads gathering medical insights from the Franchise and external stakeholders to shape the integrated evidence strategy and plan.
• Leads aspects of Advisory Board design and discussion, ensuring compliance with SE governance and documentation requirements.
• Inputs to the design and delivery of phase 3b/ 4 studies, coordinating with relevant R&D technical experts e.g. Value Evidence & Outcomes and Epidemiology as required.
• Develops and approves promotional campaigns and materials, ensuring compliance with all relevant codes and system requirements.
• Develops and reviews publications/ abstracts/ posters related to the product, key competitors and relevant disease area(s).
• Enhances local tactical plans and shares best practices to support Launch Excellence.
• Medical degree
• Broad drug development experience with robust knowledge of GCP regulatory/ market access and reimbursement requirements.
• Ability to develop, design and implement Phase 3b /4 studies.
• Significant experience in Medical Affairs and life cycle management preferred, including understanding of launch support requirements.
• Robust understanding of promotional codes/ regulations; previous involvement in review and approval processes.
• Highly developed leadership, networking, communication and influencing skills to work effectively in a complex matrix environment.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong networks of external and internal experts
• Specialist qualification relevant to Respiratory (preferred)