Salary c£25,000 + Excellent Benefits
c£25,000 + Excellent Benefits
Do you have experience in method development for HPLC or UPLC?
Would you like to work for a specialist in the synthesis, analysis, and manufacturing of various pharmaceutical products?
My client is a global organisation with facilities across 4 continents, they are a leading provider of synthesis, analysis, scale up and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry. They have state of the art early research laboratories as well as GMP manufacturing suites at their facility in Berkshire, UK.
Due to ongoing growth and expansion, they are looking to hire an Analytical Chemist to take a key laboratory based role in the analysis and characterisation of novel API materials, aiding the development, scale up and transfer of processes for both inhouse and external client projects. The Analytical Chemist will also support stability testing, GMP batch manufacturing and release activities along with analytical method transfers to cGMP contract manufacturing organisations.
Key Responsibilities for the Analytical Chemist will include;
- Perform efficient and effective method development/optimisation tasks, method transfers, validations, forced degradation and stability studies, including the preparation of protocols and reports to the required standard for different phases of API development, regulatory approval, and commercialization.
- Work collaboratively with other areas of the business to develop and establish methods specifications, new techniques, recommend alternative approaches and solutions to analytical challenges.
- Ensure that all experimental and analytical data are documented following internal procedures compliant with GMP.
- Conduct regular literature and other searches to maintain an up-to-date knowledge of analytical chemistry, up-to-date regulatory requirements and, current industry trends.
To be considered for the role of Senior Analytical Chemist you’ll need the following skills and experience.
- BSc/MChem/MSc in Analytical, Bioanalytical, Pharmaceutical Sciences or Organic Chemistry with experience in an analytical laboratory performing testing and data analysis/interpretation
- Good theoretical knowledge and practical application of method development, validation and troubleshooting of HPLC, UPLC and good practical knowledge of GC, GC-headspace, IC, KF, UV and polarimetry, and their practical applications in the analysis of in process and final API materials.
- Working knowledge of GMP, ICH, PIC/S & FDA guidelines, Technology Transfer, cleaning verification and Mass Spectroscopy would be an advantage
- Practical experience of analytical data interpretation, good understanding of statistical methods is required.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced development environment, meeting changing deadlines and priorities.
- Excellent communication skills with a demonstrated ability to work cross functionally
This is a great opportunity to join an innovative business, undertaking cutting edge science.
Please apply online or contact Neil Walton at CY Partners on 07851 246846 or [email protected]