Salary £20,000 to £25,000
We are delighted to be supporting an expanding pharmaceutical organisation in Tyne & Wear in their search for a Analytical Chemist. Due to continued high demand for their services and to meet growth plans, positions are available for enthusiastic and talented individuals who have a passion for Chemistry and progressing their career in the pharmaceutical sector.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a modern well-equipped laboratory, which provides support to research and manufacturing departments. Duties will include:
• Quality control, testing and release of final products and intermediates
• Operation within a GMP compliant environment
• Performance testing and calibration of instruments
• Investigative sample analysis
• Provide support to ongoing development projects
• The use of HPLC systems
• The general upkeep and maintenance of all equipment within the laboratory
The successful candidate will ideally have a degree which is chemistry or related. They will have experience in modern analytical techniques such as HPLC, and wet chemistry techniques.
They will be self-motivated and able to work with minimal supervision. Good inter-personal skills, both verbal and written, are essential for working with both customers and colleagues.