Analytical Development Scientist
An excellent opportunity has arisen for a number of experienced analytical development scientists to join a pharmaceutical company at their site in Kent. The Analytical Scientist will provide analytical support for formulation development and commercial manufacturing activities on new and existing products. The analytical scientist will also be responsible for test method development & validation of methods for raw materials, intermediates, finished products, medical devices, and cleaning samples.
- Reporting to the Analytical Development Team Leader, some main aspects of the role involve:
- Testing and technical support of development, commercial and stability samples throughout the product life cycle.
- Raising and executing development & analytical protocols.
- Writing analytical reports.
- Producing documentation in support of analytical activities.
- Running, maintaining and training others on standard analytical equipment & moderately complex equipment.
- Defining and writing new operating procedures.
- Raising deviations and owning corrective and preventative actions.
- Able to write & follow written procedures to execute development or validation protocols as required.
Ideally candidates will be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) in chemistry, analytical chemistry or relevant scientific discipline. Candidates will also be experienced in analytical science in a GMP R&D pharmaceutical environment, and possess:
- Good understanding of the GLP documentation requirements.
- Proven experience in a range of analytical techniques including HPLC, GC, dissolution testing
- Proven experience (at least 2 years) in a method development and formulation development
- Proven experience of timely delivery of high-quality analytical projects
- Fully competent in MS office and associated analytical software
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Excellent problem-solving abilities.
This is a great opportunity to work for an established contract development pharmaceutical organisation, and could potentially suit candidates from a routine analytical background looking to move into analytical development. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now with your CV and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.