Analytical Development Scientist
Salary £23,000 - £28,000
CY Partners are working with an international Life Sciences company to help recruit an experienced Analytical Development Scientist. The client in question provides a unique range of analytical testing services to clients across multiple industries.
The successful Analytical Development Scientist will provide expertise within the Chemical Development services spanning raw materials, intermediates and API, using a range of chromatographic techniques. The role is predominantly lab based involving analytical method development and validation activities. Other responsibilities include:
- Perform routine and non-routine analysis using traditional and modern analytical techniques, as required for specification setting and provide control strategy.
- Support analytical activities to build product fate and tolerance understanding and impurity control.
- Support process chemistry with analytical support to build reaction mechanism understanding.
- Analytical support for onsite organic chemist during the API and Impurity synthesis.
- Evaluate new technologies to support method development activities to increase the analytical footprint/capability of the Chemical Process Development group.
- Full specification qualification of reference standards as and when required.
- Participate in the analytical transfer of developed processes to client recipient groups and vendors via technical support and troubleshooting in between technical transfer functions.
The ideal candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- BSc/MSc (with industrial placement) in Chemistry, Pharmaceutical Sciences or a related field
- Method Development and Validation (HPLC, UPLC)
- Experience in API and drug substance development
- Strong practical and analytical skills in a laboratory setting is required
- Working knowledge of GMP compliance
To express an interest in the role or to find out more information, apply now or contact Charlotte on 07851246841.