Analytical Development Scientist - Chemicals
Location County Durham
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an Analytical Development Chemist on an initial 18 month maternity cover contract on behalf of a County Durham based independent Chemicals Manufacturer, specialising in Performance Chemicals.
The main responsibility for this role is to perform the development and validation of new analytical test methods in support of new projects, new business, or new process development opportunities, and to continuously improve existing test methods as required.
If you have strong Analytical Chemistry skills but want to expand your skills and work on a variety of interesting and different projects then this could be the role for you.
- To provide Analytical Development support across various company projects
- Liaise with new and existing customers on the development, validation, and transfer of test methods.
- Assist in the evaluation of new analytical technologies for strategic fit within the company.
- Write and implement analytical laboratory experimental procedures to promote safe working practices in the laboratory to meet safety requirements and external legislation (e.g. COSHH).
- Build positive relationships with and play an integral role within the R&D team
- Hold a high-level BSc or MChem degree in Chemistry (or equivalent experience)
- Have prior experience working in a similar role, e.g., QC Chemist within a Chemical manufacturing environment.
- Have sound technical knowledge of commonly used Analytical Techniques such as HPLC, GC-MS, ICP, Ramen, IR etc.
- Prior experience of method development, validation or troubleshooting would be highly advantageous.
- Have excellent communication and relationship building skills.
- Be IT literate
Due to the location of the site, access to personal transport would be required for most applicants.
If you would like to find out more about this role then please feel free to contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.