Antibody Market Researcher
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary £30,000 to £40,000
Antibody Market Researcher | £30,000 to £40,000 | Glasgow
Are you a scientist with experience in sourcing Antibodies used for a variety of commercial applications looking to branch out and follow a career in the areas of market research and product management? This is a novel and unique opportunity to combine the responsibilities for commercially sourcing antibodies and researching the marketplace and trends surrounding testing solutions in food & feed analysis.
The Antibody Market Researcher will identify affinity sources for use in company products and ensure they are commercially viable as well as identifying business opportunities for new products and researching the market.
- Build relationships to commercially use externally sourced affinity molecules.
- Liaise with other company sites, building relationships to utilise their affinity molecule networks.
- Engage with potential suppliers to understand the commercial terms.
- Proactively research the marketplace, reporting findings with the idea of finding new products or markets.
- Understand the positive and negative aspects to all relevant technologies such as antibodies, MIPS, aptamers etc.
- Research and identify relevant “food focused” and affinity molecule development establishments, institutes, universities, publications, authors and research organisations via internet and other means of research.
- Interview regulatory bodies, publications, reports, customers, prospects, and any other relevant contacts to better understand market trends
- Design and deliver means of conducting market research such as surveys and questionnaires.
- Closely monitor competitors, preparing reports on the marketplace and other key businesses. Present this data to draft recommendations and formulate conclusions.
- Hold a relevant scientific (BSc/MSc) degree or HNC/HND.
- Able to effectively demonstrate a sufficient understanding of chromatographic techniques and relevant technologies related to antibodies and cell culturing.
- Demonstrate strategic marketing experience
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to speak to scientists, commercial companies, and customers alike.
- Self-motivated with the ability to take the initiative.
- The ability to network and build relationships at all levels, representing the business well.
This opportunity presents a non-lab based role in a growing company where you can develop your immunobiology knowledge and market research skills. If this is of interest to you, please don’t hesitate to get in touch!