Senior API Support Chemist
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced API Support Chemist to join a growing Pharmaceutical CDMO based in Northumberland on a permanent basis. The main aim of this position is to support production operations from a technical viewpoint, giving guidance and advice to other business unit team personnel. To manage, train and assist Product Chemists.
You will also monitor and track production activities regarding quality and efficiency while taking personal responsibility for their own safety and the safety of others, provide written documents and instructions adhering to the site Quality system ensuring compliant operations and lead optimization via Continuous Improvement employing lean and DMAIC strategies provide technical input to RCA while providing relevant data obtained from multiple sources. There will also be a requirement to assist with DCS recipe builds, checking and configuration.
- Ensure seamless technical interface between client, commercial and business unit.
- Provide regular updates to track status and progress to Business Unit Manager.
- Ensure new processes are designed to optimise efficiency and operability to minimise product costs.
- Ensure that process data is monitored and reviewed to enable efficient operation.
- Drive the implementation of improvements to new processes with due regard for safety, environmental and quality factors.
- Ensure processing problems are investigated and solutions are implemented.
- Provide advice and instructions in response to unplanned events or observations.
- To communicate identified opportunities and problems to all stakeholders
- Assist with DCS recipe builds, modification and DCS other related configuration
- Bachelor’s Degree / PhD in a Scientific discipline – qualification by experience in a relevant industry considered
- Sound knowledge of product related processes and procedures
- Good understanding of process safety
- Awareness of product cost drivers
- Awareness of the commercial business environment and product costs
- Ability to lead and manage a small team
- Ability to lead multidisciplinary teams
- Manage routine technical customer meetings
- Stakeholder Management
- Thorough knowledge of GMP requirements for API manufacture
If this is a role that would interest you and you would like further information, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners directly.