Aquatic Ecotoxicologist - Study Director
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location North Yorkshire
Salary Negotiable depending on Experience
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Study Director specialising in Aquatic Ecotoxicology on behalf of our client based in North Yorkshire, a specialist CRO in environmental fate and aquatic & terrestrial ecotoxicology
You will be working in a team that conducts a wide range of aquatic ecotoxicology studies in support of the Agrochemical, Pharmaceutical and Chemical industries. The ideal candidate will be responsible for the conduct of standardised aquatic ecotoxicology studies (including fish, daphnia and algae), in addition to standard sediment organisms.
You will also be responsible for the conduct of the more complex higher tier studies, including longer term fish tests that are designed to investigate endocrine disrupting effects (FSTA, FSDT, FFLC tests).
This is a great opportunity to take a senior role in a thriving ecotoxicology facility that has major plans for further growth and development.
With customers you will be the point of study control and have overall responsibility for the scientific, technical and regulatory conduct of studies. You will also be responsible for the interpretation, documentation and reporting of results. Close and regular liaison with the Client would be a major part of the role.
- The ideal candidate for this role should have a minimum of 5 years’ experience in directing studies to GLP within Aquatic Ecotoxicology.
- Experience of Training, Coaching, Mentoring, and/or developing staff.
- Possession of excellent communication skills will be pivotal in this role, to impart experience and knowledge to clients and colleagues, project managing, solving complex problems, or when providing multifaceted solutions.
- Responsible for performing a broad level of ecotoxicology studies on aquatic organisms. Ensuring that all studies are conducted in-line with Good Laboratory Practice guidelines and regulatory test standards.
- Applicants should ideally hold a degree in biology or environmental sciences/toxicology along with laboratory based experience conducting regulatory ecotoxicology studies.
**Salary for this position is negotiable based on experience**
If you would like further information on this role please feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners.