Associate Scientist - Cell and Gene Therapy
Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an Associate Scientist to join a leading global pharmaceutical company, based in Hertfordshire.
As an Associate Scientist, you will be working as part of the Cell & Gene Therapy Platform CMC team, to support with delivering the Chemistry, Manufacturing and Controls (CMC) aspects of the projects from early phase to launch and the development of innovative technologies to enable step-change improvements to cell & gene therapy manufacture.
As an Associate Scientist your duties will include, but are not limited to:
- Working collaboratively with Cell & Gene Therapy Platform CMC cell process research and analytical development scientists to establish the cell process for cell and gene therapies through both well designed experiments performed in-house and through managing experiments to be performed by Contract Manufacturing Organisations (CMOs)
- Execute laboratory studies to develop the cell process for autologous cell/ex vivo gene therapies
- Conduct studies to develop and validate innovative technologies and approaches to make step-change improvements in process efficiency
- Support development of a portfolio of ex vivo gene therapies from early to late stage by executing development work and generating data.
- Responsible for compliant, clear and concise documentation and/or presentation of all experimental studies and results
- Maintaining good working relationships with third parties (contractors, suppliers, academic and industry groups) to ensure successful process development and/or technology transfer.
Additional skills which would be desirable for this role include the following:
- BSc and/or relevant experience in biology, cell biology chemistry, immunology or related scientific discipline.
- Experience of tissue culture techniques.
- Experience in analytical techniques particularly Flow Cytrometry.
- Experience working in cell and gene therapy, process development and / or GMP is highly desirable.
As an Associate Scientist working in this role, you will have an excellent opportunity to work along side multi-cultural and multi-disciplinary teams, in a well-established, successful, global company.
Get in touch with Helen Tomlinson at CY Partners for a confidential chat about the role on 07851246847 or apply by submitting your CV to [email protected]