B Cell Scientist - Investigations
Biotechnology Life Sciences
B Cell Scientist – Investigations
An exciting opportunity for an experienced scientist to join a global pharmaceutical company at their site in Stevenage, initially on a 12-month maternity cover basis.
Based in the Antibody Selections group (AS), which has responsibility for identifying high quality antibody hits and leads from library and in vivo technologies, delivering an important contribution to the company’s Biopharm pipeline. The Antibody Selections group also has accountability for developing new antibody discovery technologies to enable increasingly diverse hit panels and generation of candidates against challenging targets.
Ideally candidates will have experience in the following:
- Expert practical experience in molecular biology techniques of PCR, cloning and expression of antibodies.
- Single B-cell PCR and V region cloning experience would be an advantage
- Experience with antibody expression using mammalian expression systems would be an advantage
- Able to design and execute new methods and protocols related to area of expertise with minimal supervision.
- Able to identify and troubleshoots problems in the execution of experiments
- Clearly interprets and communicates experimental results to their supervisor
- Designs next logical step of experiments based on interpretation of results
- Experience with liquid handling automation is required
- Use of liquid handlers such as Felix, Biomek Fx, Tecan
- Experience with programming methods for Felix liquid handler would be an advantage
Ideally, candidates will be educated to PhD level (or equivalent) in relevant molecular biology or immunology discipline. This is a great opportunity to join a global leader, with potential for significant career growth.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your CV now, and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.