Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary up to £21,000
CY Partners, have an opportunity for a skilled laboratory technician to join a leading medical diagnostics organisation as a Tissue Culture and Bio-processing Scientist. This is to be supporting from our client’s bespoke facility in Newcastle upon Tyne. Initially a 6-month Temporary contract with view to extension
As the Bio-processing Scientist you will working to culture and produce antibodies from human cell lines and make use of specialised equipment for example a microtome to produce sections. This is a great opportunity for a life science orientated individual to join a global brand with a focus on cancer diagnostics.
- Adhere to all Environmental, Health and Safety Policies to ensure that risk is minimised as much as is reasonably practicable
- Ensure all products flow through the manufacturing process error free and right first time
- Speak Up to ensure that any concerns around Safety, Quality or Process are raised to line manager
- Verify all materials used are within specification and all procedures are carried out in line with company policy and as described within Quality Management Systems
- Actively maintain quality standards in line with the principles of cGMP
- Good laboratory practice and experience of regulated environments
- Ability to perform routine techniques and using typical laboratory equipment such as: pH meters, balances, micropipettes, autoclave.
- A degree in a life science or equivalent experience
Interested… Apply with a CV or contact Owain @ CY Partners for more information – 07851 246839