A pharmaceutical client in Hertfordshire is expanding their Quality Control department and is seeking a Biochemical Analyst to assist in the routine testing of product batches.
The work you will be doing will involve working alongside colleagues in across a breadth of laboratory departments to carry out routine efficacy and stability testing of pharmaceutical product batches. You will be using a huge variety of core laboratory techniques across Biology and Chemistry disciplines to analyse products in line with regulatory requirements.
Your responsibilities will include:
- The use of Biochemical analysis techniques such as ELISA, SDS-PAGE, Flow Cytometry and Microarrays to analyse product samples
- Writing, reviewing and following laboratory SOPs
- Adhering to strict safety and compliance requirements.
- Maintaining excellent laboratory notes in line with Good Manufacturing Practice (GMP) and Good Laboratory Practice (GLP).
- Ensuring the laboratory equipment is clean, calibrated and maintained.
- Maintaining a stock of laboratory reagents and ensure the safe disposal of all samples.
The ideal Biochemical Analyst candidate is educated to degree level in a lab based scientific discipline such as Chemistry, Biochemistry, Biomedical Sciences or Microbiology with excellent experience with Biochemical lab techniques. You will be highly motivated and forward thinking with the ability to multitask and work as part of a team.
This role is initially a 12 month contract but there is excellent scope for renewal.
If you are interested in this role or are looking for a role in the scientific or pharmaceutical industry, please contact Siobhan O’Brien on [email protected] to discuss this further.