Biomedical Scientist / Senior Scientist
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £22,000 - £40,000
CY Partners is currently recruiting for experienced Biomedical Scientists and Senior Biomedical Scientists to join a rapidly growing Medical Diagnostics company in Newcastle city centre.
The ideal candidate must have current HCPC registration along with PCR and ELISA experience. The work will primarily focus on Covid-19 testing.
- Perform pre- and post-analytical procedures, mainly using PCR and ELISA; further responsibilities will include wider range of techniques and results entering
- Support the development of biomarker discovery diagnostic tests for the rapid detection of disease-specific deletions
- Routine sample acceptance & logging, request forms, data entry and recording using LIMS
- Pre-analytical processing of patient samples
- Handle all telephone queries from service users
- General lab maintenance (cleaning and disposing of samples)
- Assist in routine equipment maintenance, troubleshooting and reporting faults to supervisors
- Ensure all technical standards are maintained by adhering to SOPs and following all H&S guidelines
- Assist with management of stocks, reagents and consumables
- Participate in internal and external quality control schemes
Skills & Qualifications:
- BSc, MSc or PhD in Biomedical Science or similar
- Registration with the Health Professions Council (HCPC)
- Specialist Diploma training by a registered body e.g. Institute of Biomedical Sciences (IBMS)
- Proven experience in PCR, sequencing and ELISA in a GMP/GLP laboratory
- Knowledge of basic techniques including HPLC, GC, SDS-Page, Western Blotting, and Electrophoresis; desirable
- Flexible and adaptable with excellent time management and organisation
- Excellent communication skills across all departments
Salary banding will be dependent on level of experience.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to Apply now or contact Harriet at CY Partners (07851 246 846 / [email protected]).