Cell Culture Scientist
Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location West Sussex
CY partners have a unique and exciting opportunity for a senior scientist to work with a world leading global pharmaceutical company, based in West Sussex.
As a Cell Culture Scientist, you will be responsible for carrying out activities associated with the production, development and maintenance of cell cultures. Other responsibilities will include:
- Producing and developing cell lines with increased productivity of a required compound.
- Participating in high throughput screening programme ensuring all activities are performed according to the schedule.
- Identifying areas for improvement in the screening programme, conduct experiments to verify improvements and incorporate them into the screen.
- Identifying alternative strategies for identifying an improved plant cell line.
- Identifying new technologies to improve efficiency of the screen, liaise with suppliers, establish cost benefits and implement where appropriate.
- Ensuring all data is recorded in appropriate format. Analyse data using appropriate statistical software and use results to improve the screening programme.
- Interacting and liaising with other teams to support delivery of objectives
- Adhering to and helping to maintain the highest levels of Safety and GLP across the department.
- Ensuring facilities and equipment are maintained to an appropriate standard and raise issues as necessary.
- Supporting other departmental activities (eg Culture Maintenance) as required.
This role would suit a driven and motivated individual with a cell biology background, or related life sciences discipline, who has relevant laboratory experience (eg; good working knowledge/understanding of aseptic techniques). You should be able to work effectively independently and as part of a team with good attention to detail.
If you’re interested, please get in touch with Helen Tomlinson at CY Partners on 07851246847 or submit your CV to [email protected]