Biotechnology Life Sciences
Competitive Salary + Package
Are you a Cell Biologist with expertise in Immunology?
Would you like to work for an integrated drug discovery company with a unique technology platform?
My client is a well-funded early-stage drug discovery company working to address severe unmet medical needs in immunology and genetically defined disorders. Using their unique biophysical platform enabling studies of intact protein assemblies, they can characterise challenging drug targets, including membrane proteins such as GPCRs and Ion Channels.
Due to continued growth in line with their company vision, they are looking to hire a Cellular Immunologist. The Cellular Immunologist will take a lead role in the pharmacology division to establish cell-based assays for both target validation and drug discovery projects.
In a broad and varied role, they are looking for someone who will have intellectual input into the shaping of the company, help define scientific direction and overcome challenging problems, as well as perform lab-based immunology techniques to investigate target involvement in disease pathology. The role is offered at Senior Scientist, Principal Scientist or Director level, depending on the successful candidate’s experience.
To be considered for the Cellular Immunologist role you will need the following skills and experience;
- PhD in Immunology, Cell Biology, Biochemistry etc, or a related subject
- Strong knowledge and understanding of Innate Immunity, particularly TLR signalling and inflammasomes.
- A track record of developing and validating mammalian cell-based assays.
- Good hands-on experience of flow cytometry panel design.
- Strong cell culture experience, including isolation of primary human blood cells.
- Able to develop and implement new technologies and protocols.
- Good communication skills, able to work and lead multidisciplinary projects.
This is an exceptional chance to work with some of the most respected expert scientists in the industry, from both biotech and big pharma. Additionally, they have a strong focus on individual development, with a culture of inclusivity, collaboration and well-being.
Please apply online or call Neil Walton on 07851 246846