Chemical Analyst - Environmental Studies
Salary Up to £23,000
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Chemist with prior experience of working in a GxP setting to join an Environmental Research Organisation in York as a Study Scientist.
This is a permanent role and an excellent opportunity to join a growing business and learn new skills within the fields of Analytical Chemistry and Environmental Science.
- Help outline Study Plans for standard studies using international guidelines and regulatory guidance, study outlines and client-supplied information
- Perform and deliver regulatory studies
- Contribute to the running and maintenance of Good Laboratory Practice (GLP) quality systems, meticulously following standard operating procedures.
- Review audit reports and client comments then contributing to responses
- Extraction and clean-up of a wide variety of sample types using standard wet chemistry techniques.
- Operate and perform routine maintenance on analytical instrumentation e.g. .GC, HPLC.
- Validate new methods for a variety of analytes in different sample types following a written method
- Analyse samples for a variety of analytes in different sample types following a written method
- Perform laboratory procedures using standard laboratory equipment and be responsible for laboratory facilities and maintenance
What we’re looking for:
- Preferably, you will be a chemistry graduate or equivalent with some lab experience in a GxP environment
- You’ll be methodical with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to keep clear and accurate written records of experimental work to a high standard
- Good team working skills but with the ability to work independently as required
- Practical IT skills in software packages including Microsoft Office.
- Experienced in organising, prioritising and completing work to required standards and to tight deadlines.
If you are interested in applying for this role, please contact Graham at CY Partners for further information.