Chemical Process Operator
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
An exciting opportunity has become available at a leading chemical manufacturer based in Loughborough.
In the role, you’ll be involved with the following:
• Carry out chemical manufacture, using automated and manual chemical reactors in a fast-paced chemical processing environment.
• Assemble, competently use and dissemble plant equipment.
• Monitor reaction progress using analytical techniques and take corrective actions to produce the batch within specification.
• Take personal ownership of quality of work; complete documentation accurately.
• Carry out routine safety inspections and quality checks including calibrations, daily and weekly checks of work area; start-up and shutdowns procedures.
• Maintain the cleanliness of the Plant and Equipment.
• Use MRP and web-based systems for retrieving and recording information.
• Plan own workload and take personal responsibility for key metrics.
• Train / mentor more junior operators.
• Assist with the daily planning and organisation of work, raw material and product handling.
• As part of a team, participate in process reviews and improvements (operating procedures, COSHH assessments, risk assessments, HAZOPs etc.).
• Be prepared to move between manufacturing areas, depending on resource requirements.
• Embrace and participate in improvement projects (Practical Process Improvement).
• Always perform your duties whilst acting in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
This is an exciting role which works 4 days on, 4 days off from 6am to 5pm or 7am to 6pm.
If you’re keen to be considered we look forward to receiving your CV.