Chemical Process Team Leader
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
As the Team Leader of a Chemical Manufacturing Team, specialising in Distillation and Blending, you will play a major role in delivering chemicals to Pharma, Academia and other Industrial sectors. This role combines People Management with Technical skills and requires a proactive hands-on approach.
What will you do?
• Manage of a team of Manufacturing Operators, working in a Chemical Manufacturing and Distillation Plant
• Responsible for ensuring safe working practices, in accordance with legislation and company procedures. Competent to undertake risks assessments and COSHH assessments and participate in HAZOPs, leading to safety and process improvements
• Responsible for training and development of your team
• Responsible for organising scheduled batch production to meet delivery date commitments in a fast-paced chemical processing environment
• Own and report team KPI metrics, interrogate data to anticipate and react to performance trends and process variations.
• Be a conduit for communication to and from your team – verbal, written and via digital communication platforms
• Work in partnership with the other Manufacturing Team Leaders, dividing tasks as appropriate
• Work in collaboration with QA, QC, Chemical Development and Engineering to introduce new processes, new products and solve quality and process issues
• Drive Continuous Improvement within the area, with emphasis on Visual Management, 5S and LEAN initiatives. Ensure that high levels of housekeeping are maintained.
• Always perform your duties whilst acting in accordance with the Dignity at Work Policy, Code of Business Conduct and Ethics and our values of Integrity, Intensity, Innovation and Involvement.
The role is based in Loughbrough and offers an exciting opportunity to work within chemical manufacturing.