Chemical Regulatory Affairs Consultant
Chemical Executive Life Sciences
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Junior Regulatory Consultant on a permanent basis, on behalf of one of our clients in the North West of England.
Our client is a leading international provider of scientific, environmental, human health, global regulatory and sustainability services for businesses, industry and government services. They have regional representation in Europe, the Americas and Asia Pacific and service partners in worldwide locations and a solid and internationally recognised reputation as a provider of training, advice and services to ensure compliance across the globe.
This role would an ideal job for Scientific University graduates looking for a role in the sector, but who no longer feel like a lab-based position would suit them.
This role will require supporting the expansion of the hazard assessment and communication expertise within the Science, Technical and Regulatory group.
Working in collaboration with the management team and consultancy staff, it is expected that successful candidates will be based within the ‘Hazard Communication’ division of the business. They will undertake client driven activities as directed by the business and must be able to effectively and efficiently communicate with colleagues and clients alike.
Role and Responsibilities
The candidate would be responsible for:
- Manual hazard classification of substances and mixtures to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements)
- Authoring of Safety Data Sheets to global requirements (inc. EU, North American and Asian requirements) using internal SDS authoring software
- Conversion of SDS into required languages and the addition of local requirements (e.g. Occupational Exposure Limits, Poison Centres) using internal SDS authoring software
- Evaluation of clients’ Hazard Communication documentation (inc. SDS and labelling) for compliance with global regulations
Profile and Qualifications
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Logical with the ability to solve problems quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and an ability to build rapport with clients
- Ability to successfully manage a fluctuating workload
- Good at working well on your own and as part of a growing dynamic team
- Works well under pressure
- Degree in related discipline (e.g. chemistry, environmental science)
- Existing knowledge of global classification systems (EU CLP, GHS, WHMIS etc.
If you would like further information on this role, please contact George Southworth at CY Partners