Chemist (Technical Sales)
Location Home Counties, Oxon/Wilts
Salary £22,000 - £35,000
We have an exciting new vacancy for a Fuels Technical Sales Chemist at a world-class global Chemicals company. The role will involve providing laboratory and technical support to customers and internal teams, and with general issues and proof-of-principle studies.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Experimental work and troubleshooting in the laboratory to evaluate product performance
- Conduct harms testing and support new product commercialisation
- Ensure completion of discrete programme elements within broadly agreed guidelines
- Proactively contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Recommend efficient design for and execution of experimental formulation programmes
- Collate and document all test results to sales colleagues and external customers
- Participate in Technical Sales project/activity teams, and report results and conclusions to supervisors and leaders
- Interact with internal and external contacts as required
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/MChem in Chemistry; or related discipline
- Capability to design, recommend and execute experimental programmes
- Ability to accurately interpret technical information, manipulate data and clearly present these results to an audience
- Strong focus on safety, HSE and quality values
- Experience of synthetic organic chemistry and/or polymer synthesis would be an advantage
- Experience with surfactants, polymers, lubricants or additives would be an advantage
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Effective multi-tasking, prioritisation and time-management skills
You will be working for a well-established organisation that is recognised for their leading-edge research and reliability in delivering products. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners.