Pilot Plant Chemist
Location Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Salary c£28,000 (including Shift Allowance)
We have a number of openings for Pharmaceutical Pilot Plant Chemists (12-hour shift work) to join a pharmaceutical manufacturing company in Oxfordshire. This is a fantastic entry-level position for Chemistry graduates with the opportunity to gain industry exposure in a GMP environment.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Produce large scale development for a number of different drug products using a variety of equipment running multiple chemical syntheses on Plant
- Operate pilot plant reactors and equipment and ensure compliance with current procedures
- Ensure that all written instructions/directions are followed
- Carry out routine maintenance and re-configuration to industrial batch reaction vessels; ensure timely and efficient API production
- Comply with all Company and Health & Safety procedures to maintain high standards of safety, hygiene and quality
- Conduct quality control and environmental monitoring procedures according to H&DS regulations
- Sampling, preparation and analysis of process materials using HPLC and NMR
- Report and record any irregularities and environmental monitoring, complete all documents and support Corrective Actions
- Participate in training schemes to continuously improve high standards and working practices
- Work in a cleanroom environment (GMP), conduct routine end-of-shift cleaning
- Ensure efficient and safe shift handovers
Ideal Skills & Qualifications:
- BSc in Chemistry / Applied Chemistry (or related discipline)
- Demonstrated experience of working in a high-pressure, fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated experience of successfully managing multiple tasks simultaneously and creative problem solving
- Knowledge of GMP, regulatory aspects, and pharmaceutical regulations; desirable
- Flexible and adaptable attitude – must be willing to work 12-hour shifts through days, nights and weekends
- Ability to learn quickly and follow strict procedures
- Excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Excellent attention to detail, good level of numeracy
- Ability to work with minimal supervision
Note: As this role involves operating large ancillary equipment and heavy machinery over a 12-hour shift pattern, please be aware this position will be physically demanding.
Start dates for these roles will be in 2021.
If you are interested or have any questions about this role, feel free to contact Harriet at CY Partners (07851 246 846 / [email protected]).