Location Home Counties, South West England
Salary £20,000 - £28,000
We have a number of graduate-level Chemist/Process Chemist openings at a world-class specialist chemical company based in Oxfordshire. The ideal candidate will come from a strong Chemistry background with experience of working in a laboratory.
Key Responsibilities and Duties:
- Tackle a range of technical challenges and provide technical support in troubleshooting activities
- Develop and deploy next generation product platforms and formulations
- Contribute to the high safety standard of the group
- Design, recommend and execute experimental programmes with guidance from the supervisor
- Coordinate and ensure completion of discrete work elements
- Arrange package and oil blends, schedule analytical and performance tests, collate and analyse data
- Liaise with internal and external teams to ensure analytical and bench testing are progressing on time and at high quality standards
- Process Chemist: support New Product/Process Development projects, including process optimisation, plant trials and cost containment
- Investigate root cause analysis for non-conformances and customer complaints
Ideal Skills and Qualifications:
- BSc/MChem in Chemistry or a similar scientific discipline
- Experience of data interpretation, summarising, documenting and presenting results clearly
- Capability to overcome obstacles through own initiative with minimal supervision
- Ability and willingness to take on wider responsibilities
- Excellent safety consciousness and behaviour
- Process Chemist: strong background in analytical and organic synthetic chemistry
- Strong multi-tasking, time-management and organisational skills
- Strong drive to meet targets and timelines
You will be working for a well-established organisation that is recognised for their leading-edge research and reliability in delivering products. You will receive a highly competitive salary with excellent company benefits.
If you are interested please feel free to send in your CV or call Harriet at CY Partners.