Location Newcastle upon Tyne
Salary £28,000 - £32,000
We currently have an opportunity for a Development Chemist to join a specialist API developer and manufacturer, at their site near Newcastle.
This is a permanent role, where you will be working with a leading pharmaceutical organisation that offers full-scale up and complex support to finished dosage forms and drug delivery devices.
Working as a Development Chemist you will be responsible for:
- Identifying and evaluating synthetic routes to target molecules
- Carrying out experimental programs accurately and efficiently to support scale up of up to 50L
- Support with the design of experimental programs and interpretation of results
- Initiate and develop improvements to processes from safety, environmental impacts, to cost or throughput
- Support and mentor new members of the development team and work safely within the laboratory environment
- You will be educated to PhD level, or possess equivalent industry experience in organic chemistry or a related subject.
- Ideally you will have experience in synthetic chemical development
- You will have worked to GMP requirements before
In return you will be offered a competitive salary, benefits and company development opportunities.
If this sounds like the role for you then submit a CV today or call Owain at CY Partners for more information on this great opportunity.