CY Partners are working with a well-known pharmaceutical company, based in the Newcastle area, who are looking to hire a Development Chemist to join their R&D department on a permanent basis. The client in question offer API development and manufacturing services to the pharmaceutical industry.
Reporting to the Group Leader, the successful Development Chemist will be responsible for the development and optimisation of processes within the laboratory. Responsibilities are as follows:
- Define and/or demonstrate process route(s), draft process outlines and approve PRSs
- Develop and optimise processes
- Support scale-up, pilot, semi works and commercial manufacture, which may include shift working.
- Prepare interim and final reports and communicate as and when required with customers
- Conduct HSE audits and internal safety/housekeeping audit
The ideal candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- PhD in Synthetic Organic Chemistry
- Several years R&D experience
- GMP / cGMP
If this position sounds like it would be of interest, apply now or contact Charlotte at CY Partners for more information.