Environmental Fate Scientist
CY Partners are working with an international research organisation to help recruit an experienced Environmental Fate Scientist to work in their state-of-the-art facility, based in the York area. The client in question delivers innovative research services and products for their partners in various fields, including crop protection, plant health and sustainable agriculture. These services include, but are not limited to, efficacy trials of chemical and biological control agents, integrated pest management services and novel pesticides development.
The successful Environmental Fate Scientist will have the following requirements:
- Perform the role of Study Director for regulatory fate studies according to international guidelines for a range of chemicals including veterinary medicines and pesticides
- Perform regulatory and/or research based laboratory studies into the fate of chemicals in environmental compartments
- Perform and manage regulatory studies
- Develop proposals including costs and timeframe for new studies/customers
- Produce reports and communicate results to customers.
- Contribute to running and maintenance of GLP system
- Review audit reports and submit responses to QA assessors
- Review client comments and submit responses
- Train junior staff as required
The ideal candidate will have the following skills / experience:
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field (chemistry / environmental)
- Previous experience in laboratory-based environmental fate studies
- Performance of regulatory studies with GLP compliance
- Experience of radio-labelled biodegradation studies in environmental matrices (soils and sediments) and/or adsorption studies is an advantage
- An understanding of metabolism studies
This is a permanent position and would suit someone who is looking to join a well-established company on a full-time basis.
Apply now or contact Charlotte on 07851246841 for more information.