Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Up to £42,000
CY Partners are working with a global world leading pharmaceutical research organisation to be a part of their Biochemistry group, based at their site in Hertfordshire. The primary focus of this role is to support the discovery and engineering of enzymes for use in research, development and manufacturing.
This opportunity will involve participating in an interdisciplinary team tasked with identifying optimal opportunities for implementing enzyme process across the pharma portfolio. The role is fast-paced and dynamic, you will thrive in this environment if you are able to effectively manage multiple priorities, communicate your recommendations clearly and enjoy working in teams.
Key responsibilities may include:
• Generating libraries of enzyme variants for high throughput expression
• Developing appropriate assays to screen variants in high throughput
• Running screens to identify improved variants
• Designing experiments, collecting data and analysing data to make good decisions
• Support scale up activities for generation and use of enzymes
• Analyse and visualise large-scale datasets using programs such as MS Excel, TIBCO Spotfire and bespoke software tools.
• Liaise with scientists & external collaborators at all levels
• Generate conclusion reports, present data in team meetings & participate in writing of abstracts & publications
• Conduct scientific work programs and make contributions both independently and as a member of a team with other R&D staff
• Work through problems logically and apply innovative solutions
• Adopt new technologies and apply them to project work
• Ph.D. in Enzyme/Protein engineering, Biocatalysis, Biochemistry, Synthetic Biology or related field, or 3-5 years relevant experience in engineering biocatalysts. A strong knowledge of biochemical reactions and the application of analytical techniques to monitor these reactions is essential
• Experience with molecular cloning, site-directed mutagenesis, and large-scale variant library construction.
• Experience in high throughput recombinant enzyme assays
• Demonstrated ability to work in multi-disciplinary teams, displaying excellent interpersonal, organizational, and communication skill
For a confidential chat about the role and to apply, contact Helen at CY Partners on 07851246847 or submit your application via email to [email protected]