Formulation Chemist - Inks & Coatings
Salary Very Competitive
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an enthusiastic and skilled Formulation Chemist to join a growing Contract Chemicals Manufacturer at their site in County Durham on a permanent basis.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join an innovative and interesting organisation with a wide-ranging product portfolio and great company ethos.
The main duty of the role is to perform formulation work on a laboratory scale, to target the development of Performance Chemicals products, primarily inks and coatings polymer products.
- Design, plan and perform formulation development work to understand the efficacy of Performance Chemicals products in Inks and Coatings applications.
- Coordinate, analyse, collate and interpret data using a range of in-house and external analytical services to evaluate properties of the products of formulation trials.
- Consult and review with analytical, inks and coatings formulation testing experts so that the most suitable analytical procedures are followed, and the results are reported correctly.
- Write and implement laboratory experimental procedures to promote safe working practices in the laboratory to meet safety requirements and external legislation (e.g. COSHH). Maintain and organise the equipment and resources of the Work Group to achieve safe and effective operation.
The ideal candidate for the role will meet the following criteria:
- A minimum 1st class or 2:1 BSc degree in Chemistry, Polymer Chemistry or related subject (MChem or PhD desirable)
- A strong knowledge of Analytical Chemistry techniques such as; GC, GC-MC, LC-MS, FTIR, HPLC and Ramen/NMR Spectroscopy
- Prior knowledge of formulation of Inks/Coatings (Highly Desirable)
- Strong problem solving and communication skills
- Excellent presentation skills
If you are interested in this position, submit a copy of your most up to date CV, and if you want any further information, feel free to contact Graham at CY Partners.