Salary Up to £55,000
Formulation Development Specialist
An exciting and unique opportunity has come up for an experienced formulation development scientist to join a growing CDMO at their site in the Midlands. Working on bringing inhaled products to market, you will plan, organise and lead the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches in line with functional/departmental requirements.
The successful candidate will possess significant experience in a pharmaceutical formulation specific role (preferably pMDI inhalation and DPI related), and have experience leading, planning and executing multiple experimental studies.
Main responsibilities of the role include:
- Plan, organise, lead/support the laboratory manufacture of formulations and small-scale product batches in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Responsible for assisting (and leading) the characterisation of raw materials, development of formulations and final drug dosage forms for inhalation products.
- Novel & new inhalation product development and creation of intellectual property.
- Undertake formulation-related testing in line with functional/departmental requirements.
- Research/create/ develop/formulate MDI (or DPI) inhalation products via a QbD framework and participate in patent & IP generation.
- Conduct in-vitro data analysis and interpretation of data (preferably inhalation product testing) – via relevant statistical software packages (Excel, Minitab etc).
- Research relevant industry developments in the areas of inhalation product development.
- Utilise technical/practical knowledge and hands on skills in a laboratory environment using state of the art manufacturing and testing equipment.
- Conduct inhalation product testing using existing and new technologies relating to inhalation product characterisation.
- Author high level technical protocols / reports and present technical data to all levels within the department.
- Plan, lead and execute multiple experimental studies (experimental design) working in cross functional multidisciplinary teams.
Ideally the successful candidate will have working knowledge of Quality by Design (QbD) based inhaled pharmaceutical product development, manufacture and stability. Knowledge of pharmaceutical materials science and physical characterisation techniques would be beneficial, as would experience of GMP and related quality documentation processes for pharmaceutical R&D and production.
Overall this is a unique opportunity for an experienced and ambitious formulation scientist, looking for a new challenge. If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply now with your CV and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners on 07851246849 for more information.