Group Leader - Drug Discovery
Salary Depending on experience
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Drug Discovery Chemist to join a growing Pharmaceutical & Chemical CRO at their site in Kent as a Group Leader on a permanent full time basis.
Our clients would welcome applications from individuals who have experience of managing teams and a background in the drug discovery industry gained from a pharmaceutical company, biotech or CRO.
- Line management of a team of up to 7 chemists, taking responsibility for their development and performance.
- Holds regular, effective one to one meetings with reports. Demonstrates thorough understanding of their abilities and facilitates development. Accurately and fairly assesses performance against the competency framework, including carrying out annual appraisals.
- Responsible for Health, Safety and the Environment in a laboratory or area; including safety inspections and investigation of incident reports.
- Monitors reactions effectively using most appropriate method. Interprets all analytical data accurately, identifying unexpected products.
- Demonstrates the ability to interpret data from more advanced techniques. Effectively assists more junior colleagues in data analysis.
- Carry out complex chemical syntheses using a wide range of techniques and support others within your team.
- Utilise your scientific expertise and chemical databases to generate solutions to problems encountered within your team.
- Provides positive leadership through effective communication and motivation, demonstrating clear vision and direction in line with the organisation.
- A PhD or equivalent experience in Organic Chemistry or Drug Discovery
- Extensive prior experience in a similar role
- Strong leadership and staff/project management experience
- Experience working in a GLP or GMP environment
If you would like to find out more about this role, please contact Graham Hankinson at CY Partners.