Hazard Evaluation Scientist (Pharma Process)
Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Location Newcastle upon Tyne
CY Partners are looking to recruit a Process Hazard Evaluation Scientist to join a growing North East based Pharmaceutical CDMO on a permanent basis. This role will specifically be based around thermal stability and chemical reaction hazard assessment as part of the Research & Development Group.
The Hazard Evaluation Scientist role provides technical expertise on Process Safety related matters to support projects at both UK and US sites. Working as part of a small, lab-based team, you will be responsible for ensuring that chemical processes are properly assessed for process safety hazards prior to scale-up in laboratory, pilot plant, and manufacturing environments. You will work closely with process development colleagues (R&D chemists, engineers, plant personnel, project managers & other Hazard Evaluation scientists) in identifying potential reactive hazards and the establishment of process control solutions.
The core of your work will involve laboratory testing e.g. thermal stability screening, adiabatic calorimetry, reaction calorimetry, dust explosion testing, emergency relief evaluation, as well as data evaluation and literature review to support hazard your evaluations. You will prepare reports based on your experimental results and communicate recommendations to project teams.
- Experience in performing assessments of chemical process hazards, evaluating results, and reporting recommendations
- PhD in Chemistry or equivalent.
- Good working knowledge of laboratory testing techniques e.g., thermal stability screening or reaction calorimetry.
- Prior experience in a cGMP setting or other highly regulated industry
- You will need to be persuasive and have proven experience dealing with internal and external stakeholder groups, as well as managing multiple priorities.
- Competent with IT systems, and in particular Microsoft Office suite.
If you would like further information on this role please contact Graham at CY Partners.