Head of Assay Development
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Salary Competitive + Excellent Benefits
Head of Assay Development
Competitive Salary & Benefits
Based in Paris, France
Do you have a background in molecular assay product development?
Would you like to work for a company at the cutting edge of genetic analysis?
My client is a biotechnology company located in Paris, France, undertaking commercialisation of their novel instrument platform for the analysis of DNA and RNA. Due to continued company growth, they are looking to hire a Head of Assay Development to take a lead role on various projects related to the analysis of genetic and epigenetic modifications in collaboration with early access partners on our instrument system. This is a great opportunity to play an important role in the development of a cutting-edge technology. You will need to enjoy working in a fast-paced environment and being part of a highly collaborative and multidiscipline team.
The Head of Assay Development will be responsible for the optimization of protocols for analysis of nucleic acid samples from various sources on our instrument platform and based on client demands. You will interact with external partners to produce all the reagents required for our sample preparation kit, as well as interacting with early customers to ensure that our protocols are robust before commercialization. You will oversee a team of scientists and engineers to ensure timely delivery of kits to early access customers. This role will require thorough documentation of all aspects of product development as well as presenting research activities, results, and project updates to the management team.
Key Responsibilities of the Head of Assay Development will include;
- Lead the development activities, in collaboration with multidisciplinary technical project teams, of the sample preparation kits as well as reagents required for the analysis of native DNA or RNA molecules.
- Exercise technical proficiency in the design, execution, and interpretation of experiments that contribute to project strategies and goals.
- Critically assess experimental data, provide interpretation of results, and ensure data quality and integrity.
- Drive the delivery of innovative solutions that leads to enhanced intellectual property and assist in expanding the offering to clients.
- Routinely read and leverage the scientific literature to support development of innovative solutions.
- Author in-depth technical protocols, summaries, and reports.
- Prepare and deliver detailed scientific presentations for colleagues and management.
- Participate in data reviews.
- Act as a technical mentor/coach for more junior Research Scientists.
Essential qualifications & experience to be considered for the Head of Assay Development;
- PhD degree in biotechnology/molecular biology or a closely related field with significant relevant experience in Biotechnology, Diagnostics, or Pharma.
- Management experience required across laboratories, people, operations, and projects.
- Demonstrated track record of significant contributions that led to the successful launch of a product, a shift in direction, or the pursuit of new business ventures by a company.
- A strong fundamental knowledge-base and problem-solving skill set across a wide range of molecular biology laboratory techniques, including but not limited to PCR, real-time qPCR assays and extraction and manipulation of RNA molecules for RNAseq sample preparations for NGS.
- Good communication skills in English, both oral and written.
- Ability to work well in a collaborative, highly cross-functional, and fast paced environment.
Desirable qualifications & experience for the Head of Assay Development
- Knowledge of epitranscriptomics (RNA base modifications)
- Certification in project management will be seen favourable
- Experience with Quality and Regulatory requirements for product development.
- Knowledge in enzyme optimization/development
To be considered for this unique opportunity, please apply online or call Neil Walton at CY Partners on 07851 246846.