Head of Development - Formulation/Analytical
Biotechnology Chemical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Depending on Experience
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit a Head of Development on behalf of a global CDMO provider to the pharmaceutical and biotechnology industries, to be based at their site just outside of Glasgow, on a permanent basis.
As a member of the site Senior Leadership Team, you would be responsible for the development of the businesses analytical and formulation development teams, contribute to the site’s achievement of business plan objectives through your technical expertise.
You would also be responsible for implementing a development strategic plan and forecast which maximises capacity, efficiency and delivery whilst maintaining high quality output and exceptional customer focus.
You will also be responsible for driving lean and continuous improvement programmes throughout the development function and promoting effective interdepartmental working and sharing of best practices at all times.
Areas of Responsibility include:
- Provide leadership and management within the department through a structural process of objective setting, performance appraisal, and individual development as appropriate. By improving individual performance and group collaboration, you will be responsible for improving the overall department productivity, efficiency, and profitability
- Technical guidance and expertise to the site
- Generation of client proposals to support business needs through technical input, client communications and provision of costing for defined project work.
- Recommend and implement methods, techniques and technology to increase the quality of product and/or service.
- Drive the implementation of KPI reporting and measurement across the development teams, reporting this monthly to Leadership along with the departmental revenue milestones
- Ensure that all development functions and chemical on-boarding are completed in accordance with the Company and regulated standards of recording, safety and quality, with areas of non-compliance addressed as appropriate
- Liaise with clients, technical teams and PM on aspects of project execution and attend customer meetings on and off site as required
- Assist with customer audits relating to own project issues covering R&D labs
- Maintain knowledge and understanding of relevant regulatory requirements for GLP, department SOPs and company safety and environmental policies
- Educated to at least Degree level or equivalent in a science related discipline
- Extensive proven experience of working in a development function within pharmaceutical industry
- Proven team management experience
- Understanding of regulatory commitments, e.g. GMP, ICH, COSHH
- Previous experience of process improvement tools, including ideally Green Belt training (or equivalent)
- Expertise around formulation design and development activities, preferably parenteral e.g. liquid, lyophilisation and associated analytical methods would be advantageous
- Demonstrated proactive and organised approach, able to exert influence over those whom they do not have direct authority and proven ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks
- Excellent customer related experience and client facing skills, with the drive to ensure that this ethos is instilled within your team
- Ability to communicate and work with personnel of all levels, internally and externally
If you are interested in finding out more about this role, please contact Graham at CY Partners for further information.