Head of Technical Operations / Lab Manager
Biotechnology Life Sciences
Location Belton, Loughborough
Salary Competitive - dependent on experience
A well-established biotechnology company are looking to recruit a Head of Technical Operations / Lab Manager to join their expanding team based in Loughborough. The company in question develops preclinical efficacy models and provides both in vitro and in vivo testing services for biopharmaceutical companies.
The successful Head of Technical Operations / Lab Manager will manage the day-to-day operations of the client’s laboratories, including both the in vitro cell support lab and the in vivo lab.
- Manage approximately 15 members of staff across two labs with 3-4 direct reports
- Ensure projects are completed in line with schedules and to the highest standards
- Provide leadership, support and ongoing development to the team
- Ensure that labs operate within all relevant regulations
- Support the Study Director team and manage a small number of projects if needed
- Investigate non-conformance and implement remedial actions
- Deliver projects in a customer focused environment
- Managing a team in an in vivo lab is essential
- Experience with in vivo oncology models is desirable
- Experience with mammalian cell culture is an advantage
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent organisation and communications skills
To express an interest in this position apply now or contact Charlotte McLaughlin at CY Partners for more information.