Clinical Life Sciences Pharmaceuticals
Salary Up to £25.00p/h
An excellent opportunity has come up for an Information Scientist to join a global pharmaceutical leader at their site in Stevenage. Initially offered on a 9-month contract, this is a great opportunity for an individual with a science background and a passion for information science to combine the two in a unique and varied role.
The main scope of the role is to provide user support and expert business consultancy on information retrieval/search strategies and direction for one or more areas of external published information. Dealing with specialist external databases covering Life Science, Chemistry/Patents, Competitor/News, and/or eJournals, eBooks, Document Delivery or Copyright to maximise the benefits to the business from the investment in external published information products and services.
Main responsibilities are to:
- Gain and maintain content and technical knowledge of the specific supported external content and services, including influencing the vendors’ development plans. Be the recognised expert in at least one external content/service area. Understand how all products within a content/service area fit together to provide comprehensive coverage.
- Gain and maintain an awareness of the external published information landscape relevant to assigned content/service area.
- Maintain usage metrics/value measurements for assigned content/services to demonstrate return on investment, feed into content/service reviews and support effective contract negotiations.
- Lead or participate in the change management associated with upgrades to supported content and services, or for the implementation of new or alternative content and services.
- Liaise with internal IT groups and external vendors for content/service area.
Lead or participate in portfolio reviews for supported content/services to make recommendations on improvements or changes.
- Partner with one or more business areas to ensure the portfolio meets their evolving needs • Participate in data and text analytics initiatives, by partnering with business/Tech groups leveraging published information resources
- Lead or participate in the marketing of, and training on, the supported content/services to ensure optimal return on investment by employees
- Provide user support and expert business consultancy on information retrieval/search strategies for supported content/services.
- In conjunction with Procurement, provide input to help to develop negotiation strategies to ensure cost-effective procurement of the required content/services.
Ideally candidates will be educated to degree level (or equivalent) in Life/Physical Science or Information Science. Experience in pharmaceutical industry and Information Management is also a benefit. The ideal candidate will have published information content knowledge/experience, and knowledge of emerging technologies that enhance and add value to published information products and services.
If this sounds like the opportunity for you, apply with your CV now and feel free to contact Tom Kirkpatrick at CY Partners for more information.