Inorganic Analysis Coordinator
Location County Durham
CY Partners are currently looking to recruit an experienced Inorganic Analysis Chemist to join a growing, North-East based Environmental Services company on a permanent basis.
This is an excellent opportunity for somebody with prior ICP based Lab experience who may be looking to take the first step towards a management position as this role will involve some team supervision and project planning.
- Plan and monitor workload ensuring deadlines are met by your team
- Prepare and analyse samples using different analytical techniques including:
- TOC and DOC
- Wet chemistry
- Make sure equipment is calibrated and maintained and troubleshoot problems with instruments as required
- Complying with Quality Standards and adhering to Health & Safety
- Proactively contribute ideas for continuous improvement and encourage your team to follow your lead
- Educated to a minimum of degree level in Chemistry or Environmental Science
- Prior experience of working in a similar lab setting
- Strong knowledge and experience of Inorganic Analysis, specifically ICP-OES and ICP-MS
- Experience working in a UKAS accredited lab would be desirable
- Resourceful, reliable and self-motivated
- Demonstrable management/leadership skills
- Excellent communication skills including verbal and listening
- Flexible, accommodating and positive approach
If this opportunity sounds like it could be for you then feel free to call Graham at CY Partners for further information.